Under Frank Lampard, Chelsea have "gone backwards" and are "worse now than under Graham Potter."

Chelseafanbased
0
Under Frank Lampard, Chelsea have "gone backwards" and are "worse now than under Graham Potter."

Under Frank Lampard, Chelsea has regressed and is now in a worse position than they were under Graham Potter.

Tony Cascarino, a former Blues striker, delivered this assessment while chatting with Natalie Sawyer live on air.

On Saturday, Lampard's third game in charge since taking over for Potter last month, the Blues lost another demoralising Premier League match.

Since the former midfielder returned to the team for a second stint as manager, Chelsea has lost every game.

This time, Brighton showed up at Stamford Bridge and defeated their more illustrious opponents 2-1; Real Madrid are the next opponent.

Cascarino, a former Chelsea player, criticised Lampard and questioned why he had been reinstated as interim manager.

He said this in real time on talkSPORT: "From what I've seen in the three games, I would argue they are a worse team right now than Graham Potter's club.

"So they've even reversed what Graham Potter said happened at the very end.

"This isn't really meant to be a dig at Frank; I know that he has issues at the club and that it's a big disaster.

"His accomplishments as a player on the football pitch have made him a club icon. But the thing that bothers me the most is... you know how [Jose] Mourinho would do something to provoke thought?

"I recall watching games when Mourinho was in charge and thinking, 'didn't see that, what a smart play by him.

"You witnessed a manager perform to the best of his abilities, and I've seen many, many other coaches do that. Frank doesn't leave me with that impression.

"You know what, I don't think he got that right on the money. The two wing-backs against Brighton were a mess, and he made substitutions at the perfect moments.

Lampard acknowledged that his Chelsea team struggled against Brighton and did not put in enough effort to defeat the Seagulls, who are now sitting in seventh place.

"It's tough to defend Frank," Cascarino continued, "and I say that because when I look at Frank and observe him as a coach and how he sets up his squad, I feel like I don't really comprehend it.

"I noticed that the forward line lacked everything as soon as I viewed the lineup from yesterday. They are all pretty much a five-a-side team, if you like; there was no genuine threat or physical presence.

"The team you field reflects your character. We have seen things go the other way if you can't put them together, demonstrate something positive, and provide fans with something.

They are regressing, which worries me because I don't want to criticise Frank when I enter the game. You witnessed my response when he was hired.

"He hasn't done anything that should have gotten him the Chelsea job for a second time," the author writes.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)