Player tells Chelsea supporters, "No matter what people said, I'm a Chelsea man"

Chelseafanbased
0
Player tells Chelsea supporters, "No matter what people said, I'm a Chelsea man"  

Kai Havertz, a star for Chelsea, has reiterated that he does not regret joining the team and that he is happy to forget about a challenging first season because they won the Champions League.

The forward discussed his experience in London thus far and how he feels it has been somewhat of a fiasco with DAZN in Germany.

He made a name for himself at Bayer Leverkusen, where he scored 46 goals and provided 31 assists in 150 appearances, before making the much reported move to Chelsea in September 2020 for €80 million.

With a goal total of 32 and 15 assists in 131 appearances for the club, he has struggled to duplicate that at Chelsea, falling far short of expectations for a player who had been so highly regarded in Germany.

However, one of those goals—the winning one in the 2021 Champions League final—makes it simple for Havertz to view his tenure at Chelsea as a triumph thus far, and DAZN adds that he 'will never regret' selecting the Stamford Bridge team.

"The first few years were always uphill for me, I never had a headwind," he claimed.

"When I arrived here, I immediately thought: You're going to Chelsea; you're the main player; you better perform and play well. Then you realise that it's not really that simple. That, of course, kept me busy.

"His first year was the most challenging period of my career. There were no people in the stadium to push you because it was the corona phase.

"Plus, the Premier League has a different level of abrasiveness and speed. new culture, new language, and totally different way of life. It took time, and it was difficult.

"Of course, you always want everything as soon as possible, but we won the Champions League after I scored the goal in the championship game. When we won the Champions League, you realised that the first year was a waste.

"Despite what some might have said, I achieved my ultimate desire. I'll always be appreciative that I made the move, notwithstanding whatever transpires over the course of the next four years at Chelsea. I can't think of a better step to make.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)